OC1- Hurricane (Red one/Black iakos)
PITTWATER OUTRIGGER CLUB MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE THESE CRAFT ARE FRAGILE AND NEED TO BE TREATED WITH THE UTMOST CARE!!!!!!!!
1. Lift the craft off the rack walking towards the road and gently place it on the grass with
the rudder hanging over the embankment.
2. Unzip the cover and leave it sitting under the craft.
3. Carefully collect the iako’s and the ama from the ceiling beams and take the cover off.
4. With the thicker part of the ama at the front and the thinner part at the back, very carefully push the curved end of the iako’s into the AMA FIRST. They should go in parallel to the ama then twist perpendicular to lock. (Both the iakus are the same) An average setting is 3 with 6 being most stable and 1 being most tippy.
PUT THE COVERS AWAY AND LOCK UP.
To dismantle; Do the same in reverse order.
1. Unlock both fittings by twisting at the boat end.
2. Gently pull the iakos out of the boat
3. Twist the iakos till they are parallel the arma and lift out.
4. Carry the boat and all other pieces over and lay them upside down on the timber iakos of
the OC6 closest to the rack.
5. Thoroughly wash the hull, the ama and the iako’s.
6. While it is still lying on the OC6 put the cover back on.
7. Return the hull to the rack with THE FIN CLOSEST TO THE ROAD END.
8. Lock the security straps around the boats, lock up the club and return the key.
NOTIFY A COMMITTEE MEMBER IMMEDIATELY IF THERE IS ANY DAMAGE TO THE BOAT.
Thanks for helping us to maintain these craft for the enjoyment of all club members 😉